||[Dec. 1st, 2004|11:32 am]
All Done Pretending
Hey I'm new. Here's about me.
- What's your name? Elizabeth
- How old are you? 15, 16 in January
- What is your preffered method of self-harm? (ie cutting, burning, anorexia, etc.) cutting
- Who do you hide it from? everyone and everything
- Who knows about it? no one (see above)
- Have you ever tried to commit suicide? no but I have often considered it
- Do you like scars? I have many but I always try to hide them
- Do you dislike the term "self mutilation"? Yes. It sounds do disgusting.
- How do you hide what you do from other people? I wear long sleeved t-shirts and jumpers or wear gloves. Its hard sometimes.
- Have you ever been hospitalized for losing too much weight, cutting to deep, etc? No.
- What`s the best part about self-harm to you? It makes me feel better.
- What's the worst thing? Not being able to tell anyone.
- What do you think causes you to hurt/starve yourself? I'm screwed in m head. I can't talk about my problems. Can't explain my feelings. Cutting feels like the only way out.
- Do you have someone like a therapist you talk to regularly? I used to talk to a therapist. But I hate talking about myself. I couldn't open up, especially not to a stranger. It didnt help.
- Why did you start? I was angry. I broke a photo frame. The glass was glittering and it just made sense.
- Have you ever tried to quit before? I stopped for a month. But now I'm doing it again. Almost every night.
- Have you tried alternative coping methods? Alcohol. Drugs. Over-eating. Not eating. Therapy (ha!). I'm better at not coping.
- Do you want to stop? Not at the moment.